Want to help us take it to the next level? Join our Coaching Staff! We are looking for experienced coaches who are ready to dive into the fast paced world of roller derby. Fill out our coaching application and email it back to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 31st if you are interested in being a part of FWDG!
Download the application here.
- Establishes goals for the league and individual athletes
- Provides feedback on progress toward goals
- Develops training plans for 3 practices/week
- Manages practice time efficiently
- Views game footage and evaluates potential areas of growth
- Implements competitive game strategy and rosters for games, and bench coaches the team
- Enforces FWDG league rules and protocol, and issues disciplinary action when appropriate
Knowledge & Skills
- Roller derby knowledge encouraged, but not required.
- Coaching experience preferred, but not required for the right candidate.
- Willingness to learn the rules and regulations of Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA).
- Ability to be a strong leader and manage a team in a positive, inclusive, and encouraging manner.
- Evening practices 2-3 nights per week (Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday)
- 4-5 home games per season (Saturdays)
- 4-5 away games per season (weekends, usually a 2-5 hour drive)